Apps like Conversations (Jabber / XMPP)
A free and open source Jabber/XMPP client for Android. Easy to use, reliable, battery friendly. With built-in support for images, group chats and e2e encryption. Design principles • Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy • Rely on existing, well establis… Read more
by Daniel Gultsch
Plus Messenger is an unofficial messaging app that uses Telegram's API. # One of the best rated messaging apps on Play Store # # More than 20 million downloads # # Translated into more than 20 languages # # Many support groups in different languages # Plus Messenger adds some extra features to off…
yaxim (Yet Another XMPP Instant Messenger) is an XMPP client with a clean user interface and open source (GPLv2). Why pay for SMS if you can have unlimited messaging on your data plan? yaxim aims at security, low overhead and keeping your server connection open. So far, it only supports a single ac…
Android Softphone App for VoIP and SIP voice and video calls, instant messaging and more! Try it free for 14 days! Subscription not charged if cancelled within trial. Bria Mobile is new and replaces the former Bria Android Smartphone Edition and Tablet Edition clients. If you had previously purchas…
Thanks for checking out the Yahoo Mail app—the best email app to organize your Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, AOL and Yahoo mailboxes. Whether you need a clutter-free mailbox, added customization, different views for deals, receipts, and attachments, or even more storage, we’ve got you covered. Favorit…
Features: ☆ Adblock Block annoying adverts and enjoy an uninterrupted browsing experience. With ad block we can efficiently block adverts, pop-ups, and banners. Not only blocking ads but also loading pages faster and saving you data. ☆ Speed dials Access your favorite sites instantly from anywhere …
InBrowser is an incognito/private browser for Android with TOR and video support. Each time you exit InBrowser, everything you’ve done in the app will be erased, including history, cookies, and sessions. InBrowser is a feature rich browser, and it’s in permanent private mode. ☆ This is the optimal …
The Brave Privacy Browser is your fast, safe private web browser with ad blocker, private tabs and pop-up blocker. Browse without being tracked by advertisers, malware and pop-ups. Download the best AdBlock privacy web browser app for Android today! ? Fast & Secure Web Browser No external plugins…
Vidogram is a secure Telegram’s client and has a lot of extra features. These additional features that you can see them in the list down below, can help you have an awesome messaging experience. 1- High quality and secure video and voice call 2- Live Stream 3- Separate chats in different tabs 4- Ta…
Quicksy is a spin off of the popular XMPP client Conversations with automatic contact discovery. You sign up with your phone number and Quicksy will automatically—based on the phone numbers in your address book—suggest possible contacts to you.¹ Quicksy can be downloaded for free from Google Play S…
Gmail is an easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly. With the Gmail app you get: • An organized inbox - Social and promotional messages are sorted into …
Conversations (Jabber / XMPP)
A free and open source Jabber/XMPP client for Android. Easy to use, reliable, battery friendly. With built-in support for images, group chats and e2e encryption.
• Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy
• Rely on existing, well established protocols
• Do not require a Google Account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
• Require as little permissions as possible
• End-to-end encryption with either OMEMO or OpenPGP
• Sending and receiving images
• Intuitive UI that follows Android Design guidelines
• Pictures / Avatars for your Contacts
• Syncs with desktop client
• Conferences (with support for bookmarks)
• Address book integration
• Multiple Accounts / unified inbox
• Very low impact on battery life
Conversations makes it very easy to create an account on the conversations.im server. Using that server comes with an annual fee of 8 Euro after a 6 month trial period. However Conversations will work with any other XMPP server as well. A lot of XMPP servers are run by volunteers and are free of charge.
Conversations works with every XMPP server out there. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are standardized as well in so called XEP’s. Conversations supports a couple of those to make the overall user experience better. There is a chance that your current XMPP server does not support these extensions. Therefore to get the most out of Conversations you should consider either switching to an
XMPP server that does or - even better - run your own XMPP server for you and your friends.
These XEPs are - as of now:
• XEP-0065: SOCKS5 Bytestreams (or mod_proxy65). Will be used to transfer files if both parties are behind a firewall (NAT).
• XEP-0163: Personal Eventing Protocol for avatars
• XEP-0191: Blocking command lets you blacklist spammers or block contacts without removing them from your roster.
• XEP-0198: Stream Management allows XMPP to survive small network outages and changes of the underlying TCP connection.
• XEP-0280: Message Carbons which automatically syncs the messages you send to your desktop client and thus allows you to switch seamlessly from your mobile client to your desktop client and back within one conversation.
• XEP-0237: Roster Versioning mainly to save bandwidth on poor mobile connections
• XEP-0313: Message Archive Management synchronize message history with the server. Catch up with messages that were sent while Conversations was offline.
• XEP-0352: Client State Indication lets the server know whether or not Conversations is in the background. Allows the server to save bandwidth by withholding unimportant packages.
• XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload allows you to share files in conferences and with offline contacts. Requires an additional component on your server.